Google Website Translator Gadget

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Final Project Post for Bag Challenge

Well...here is my FINAL PROJECT for the Mom's Like Me Bag Challenge! I call it The Mod Mom Diaper Bag. I wanted to make a diaper bag roomy enough to hold all the necessities of a young mom yet looked mod and un-like the "old style" diaper bags. It can be worn across the front of the body from the shoulder to the opposite hip and still be comfortable on the shoulder as the shoulder strap is wider than usual (3" wide). There are 4 large pockets inside, as well as 4 smaller pockets. The inside will certainly hold plenty of diapers, extra change-of-clothes for baby, wipes and still room for more. On the outside front of the bag, there are 2 5" x 5" pockets for carrying baby bottles, keys, toys, etc. Each side has a 4" w x 3 1/2" h pocket. These are the perfect size for carrying a cell phone, pacifier, keys, etc. The front flap is equiped with a magnetic snap for easy opening/closing. The bag measures 14" w x 11" h x 6" deep (without handles), 26" high with handles. The outside fabrics are called Oz by Sanae for Moda Fabrics and is slightly heavier weight than cotton quilting fabrics. Inside is a cute lime colored print that actually looks like newsprint and is called Authentic by Sweetwater for Moda Fabrics. A silver buckle on the front flap adds a simple touch of character. Wish I would have had a cute Mod Mom Diaper Bag
when my kiddos were babies! Writing a pattern for this one! I'll have them on my Etsy Shop soon!



1 comment:

  1. This is awesome. How fun. I now wish I still needed a diaper bag! Never thought I would say that again!

    ReplyDelete