Google Website Translator Gadget

Saturday, November 6, 2010

A Little Break at Chaps!

As you may know from previous post, I am in Spokane, WA at the Shriner's Hospital with my daughter Emily who had hip surgery 2 days ago. She is doing quite well and last night got up to the recliner! Woo Hoo! She may try the crutches today. She was doing well enough yesterday and her dad was still here so I slipped out for an hour and zipped on over to Chaps. THE CUTEST restaurant and bakery and only a few minutes from the hospital! One of our fun nurses insisted that I go and even led me to the easiest access to the interstate (since downtown roads are under construction). She was so sweet to drive on her break to show me the way! This nurse and I became "quilting buddies" a year and a-half ago when Emily had spinal surgery for scoliosis here. The Shriner's staff here is all SO WONDERFUL!!! Well I was so thrilled to get to go and I took my copy of Farm Chicks Christmas book (that I bought at The Creative Connection) for Serena and her friends to sign. They are all SOOOO DARLING! Celeste of Chaps even sent a darling Farm Chicks tank top for my Emily. She loves it and sent a photo of it to her sister this a.m. (of course I had to get one for Emily's younger sister)! They can't wait to wear them!








I've been thinking about how joyous that event felt yesterday and think I might head there for lunch today!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Charmaine,
    I hope your sweet girl is doing well. I loved meeting you!
    Love,
    Serena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Serena! Back at home now and she is doing well. Your event at Chaps was such a bright spot in my week!
    Joyfully,
    Charmaine

    ReplyDelete