Google Website Translator Gadget

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Peeps

I love my peeps (my people)! We are all great friends. Known each other for years, cried together, laughed together, gotten into a little trouble together, shopped together...you get the idea. We get together once-a-week for a bible study and I've missed the last 2 weeks because I have been out of town for my Emily's surgery. The peeps asked if they could bring a salad lunch to my house for this weeks study so Emily and I could be part of it. Well...I wasn't expecting what. happened. at. all!


To give you a little background first, I had been saying a few weeks ago that Nov. might be a tough month because a year ago on the 3rd my dear sweet mom had a stroke. One week later she died on the 9th. This year we traveled to Spokane, WA on the 3rd for Emily's hip surgery. Brought her home on the 9th. But I told the peeps that the really good thing about November was that it was the 5 year anniversary of when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. So 5 years cancer free was the good thing!

Here's how they showed up today for "bible study"!!!


Crystal, Carol, Mel, Bev, June, Terre, and me. Oh and Chloe just had to get in the picture with June!


A picture of picture takers.


Crystal and "The Pinks". Hey that could be a new rock group - Crystal and The Pinks! hee hee
  
Emily and Junie B.

Mel and Junie B.

Emily and Terre
 
Crystal and Terre
Aren't they too cute? I soooo needed this party today and am so grateful that God always knows when I need my peeps!! Such Blessings!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you have some great peeps! And I'm happy to see Emily is recuperating nicely - love the big smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Annette! That was such a surprise and so much fun! They are a kick! I have lots more peeps and I know one in particular that I need to go have coffee with or you come have coffee here! Let me know when you have some free time!

    ReplyDelete